Saturday, November 8, 2008

A question......

One of our frequent transfers (dialysis between hospitals) is in the ICU:(

Do you guys ever get "attached" to patients?

I'll miss her, I doubt she'll make it through......she's one sick puppy:(

6 comments:

Epijunky said...

Naaaah. I never get attached to patients.

Never ever.

Yeah, who am I trying to kid?

JihadGene said...

I would think anyone who even kind of cares would...except KIM Jong Il, maybe.

Stacy said...

How do you not get attached. That's why I'm not a medical person... well that and the blood and goo

Murphy's Law said...

Nope. That's why I always ran exclusively EMS. I dealt with patients in 20 minute increments, seldom saw the same one more than a few times ("frequent flyers" excepted, and we just came to despise them) and the emphasis was on speed and aggressive patient management so we never got to know them.

Evil Transport Lady said...

Me- yep I understand that. That is still true for some of our transfers. But life does go on:)

Tex said...

I try NOT to get attached. You do that and you'll go absolutely bonkers.

It's OK to care, it's OK to have compassion.

It's NOT OK to get attached.
Do that and you'll burnout in less than 5 years.
Unfortunately, sometimes, it can't helped.