Friday, November 7, 2008

Crappy week.....Teenagers suck.

Not much to blog about lately. My partner has been late to work twice this week, he claims he can't wake up. So the higher ups are getting a wee bit pissed off. Partner thinks he has a sleep issue, had a sleep study done etc. Haven't heard about any results yet.

So the problem is, he's been a total asshole to me, and he's trying to make them give his old night shift back to him. Good luck with that buddy. So I've had it with him, I'm done. I've had enough teenagers in my life, I don't need the drama. MY problem is I like my shift, sorta. This year I miss working all the big holidays. Even though it's double-time pay, I want to be home for the kids' last Christmas together. Next year everybody will be living in their own homes and things will change. Anyway if he gets fired or changes shifts I'll have to change. I doubt they will need a single on at those times. SIGH.

Well I'll keep you all posted, this weekend should prove to be interesting.

Stay safe!

5 comments:

pinky said...

Sorry you have had a crappy week. I hope it gets better.

Deech said...

I am now just getting back to trolling around my blogs. Sorry to hear that the Drama Llama landed at your place. Good luck with everything...I pray that it will all turn out for the best!

JihadGene said...

You are new in the position and it's a seniority thing. You knew the job was dangerous when you took it. I'm sure others who worked there for years would be pissed if they had to work and you got the time off. I'm not saying all this to be a jerk but just to show you how it goes. I think if you were in their shoes you'd feel the same way too. I worked many holidays. I know.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I've got 2 25 year old partners. Feel your pain.

yanub said...

ETL, why do you think they will make you change shifts instead of simply moving someone else to replace Inertia Lad? It's usually easier to move one person than three, which is what they'd be doing if they moved you and then moved in two more to fill the shift you currently serve.