Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Things I've learned this week.

1. Every a**hole gets their day. Eventually.
2. Cancer stinks...literally.
3. I only get "hit on" by really disgusting old men. LOL
4. I still hate nursing home CNA's
5. Case workers need to see their patients before arranging transport!
6. Life is just not fair.
7. Mild panic attacks are my daily norm.
8. There are some really great people in the health care field!
9. Hospice nurses have one of the hardest jobs!
10. 200 lbs is the new 100.
11. Studying at home is impossible.
12. Going to work is a "break".
13. Karma is alive and well.

7 comments:

Elizabeth McClung said...

I like these lists! As for #3, don't worry, I do and I think anything moving does as well including cats. #5 made me laugh out loud. And #7 about panic attacks made me wonder if that was for the EMTS or the calls they get. Yeah, panic attacks are norm, but for those who suffer from chronic panic attacks, they often don't call the ambulance, onlookers do (many do too, of course) - I had security at a museum try to call an ambulance becuase my seizure cycle (waiting for the ativan to kick in) was blocking two of the four entrances - did they care about me, or traffic flow - Cheryl says, traffic flow and 'a good experience for the kids' which isn't seeing someone spaz (or worse: pee) on the floor.

#10 made me laugh out loud - I guess you don't get the little old ladies, or just don't remember them as often.

If Cheryl were here she would say, "Wait until you get bleeding ulcers and other inestinal bleeding" But that's her, I think EMT's do a great job (well, not the ones in my city, but generally) particularly those who give assistance AND dignity to people in times of what is extreme and mortifying embaressment.

Cheesy said...

Dirty old men ned lovin' too! lol That made me grin.. I so relate~

Anonymous said...

#10....hahahahahahahahaha

Mrs. "Smith" said...

11 is so very true.

Fyremandoug said...

I have a special place in my heart for the folks that do #9

JihadGene said...

"At times going to work is a break"...Amen, Sister!!!

pinky said...

Wow. That is a lot of learning. Why do you hate CNA's? Why the panick attacks? Both suck. Sorry to hear it.

I must agree that 200 is the new 100. And if she is pregnant, 300 is the new 200. That is why my spine is now only held togethe by some loose connective tissue. Ick.