Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cat scan results and a very unhappy hubby.

My hubby saw the doc again yesterday. She had the ER's CAT scan results.
Hubby broke (non-displaced) ribs # 8 to #12, with a small pocket of air under one of them. He most likely separated ribs in the front also. They found a small Hemangioma on his liver, but believe he had that previously. No other organs where effected. His spine MRI results were also given to him, nasty but he'll be ok without surgery. Needless to say the Doc's attitude towards his pain level changed. Now she's not releasing him for at least another 2 weeks. Thank God! He needs time to heal. His asshole boss is freaking out.....keeps asking him when he'll be back, etc. I understand his angst, but damn, give hubby a chance!

We are also preparing for the chance he'll get fired. It's illegal to fire somebody on workers' comp. but it has been done before to my hubby. The boss could find "something" to fire him on, he almost stated that fact.

MY husband is an awesome worker, the repeat clients ask for him personally to do their work. He's great at what he does, it pisses me off to no end that he is being treated like this! Time to get lawyered up..... again.

Needless to say, life in the Evil household has been tense. Joe (hubby) is not one to sit still, ever. He's going crazy.

In other news, Oldest daughter is writing restaurant reviews online for her college town, she's getting a small paycheck for this and seems to like it. Go J!
Youngest has a job interview at Dick's Sporting Goods today. She's excited, she needs something to do when she's not in school.

Speaking of school, today is the day the bosses at my ambulance company will decide if I will get the EMT scholarship. It consists of PTO so I can attend, tuition and book reimbursement. I mostly care about the time off, since I work one of the school nights. If I don't get it, I won't be able to go....I don't have enough PTO left to cover Tuesdays:( Wish me luck!

That's it for now......stay safe everybody!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the luck in the world sweetie! My prayers are with Hubby...Hope he feels better and tell him to hold out for the really good drugs!

Bosses suck sometimes, don't they?

yanub said...

May your husband's boss come to his senses about how to treat valuable employees. And if he doesn't, may the lawyer you find be the most kick-ass legal beagle who ever treed a skunk.

Evil Transport Lady said...

Thanks :)

JihadGene said...

Much good luck wishing going on in Norf Korea right now per odor of the Great Reader!!!

Ruv You Very LOOONG Time!!!

KIM Jong IL & JihadGene

Stacy said...

poor hubby

Anonymous said...

OW!!! Poor poor Evil Hubby!!! Hope he gets to feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

Having been there, I know what he's dealing with. And you're right - it is illegal to terminate someone injured on the job receiving W/C. I had a chat with my lawyer about that very subject two days ago...

Keep the faith, girl!