Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm a big fan of Karma.

I do believe in Karma......I don't believe in much, but that's another post. I also believe in sitting back and watching the assholes in my life get what's coming to them. Call me evil, but I think everybody gets what is coming to them...eventually. You just have to sit back and wait.

Case #1

Years ago I was a Special Education Teacher's Aide, big mistake on my part. In a high school no less. One of the students was horrible, threw chairs, threatened bodily harm etc. I feared for my older daughters' welfare, since she was a student there also. Because if I yelled at this kid, I feared he would go after my kid, plus he knew where I lived etc. Well I ended up quitting that job, for that reason and many others. I still saw that kid in town, and he still made me nervous, he is unstable to say the least.
Last week I ran into him in the nut house, also known as "behavior health". I was there transporting a patient. My silent evil twin inside me snickered all the way out to the truck. I don't know why he was there, but I still think he belongs in a high security prison.....he may still end up in one.

Case #2

My partner is an asshole, I believe I mentioned that a few thousand times before. He's young and closed minded. He's also a racist, a bigot and a major homophobic individual. If somebody pisses him off, the shitty words start to fly.
Saturday was the Jewish people's time in the spotlight, you name it, he was yelling it, at the dispatchers (not on air), stupid drivers etc. It was pathetic.

So lo and behold we get a call for a transfer from a residence to Hospice. They always suck...hard to transport out of homes and well a patient dying just sucks. Well now we get there to find an old man, alone except for the hospice nurse. He was quite chatty, but his living conditions were sad, he had a very empty apartment. Sadness abound.......his family lived out of state but where on the way. The nurse told us he was a Concentration Camp Survivor, escaped when he was 11. I didn't ask questions, but I wonder if he lost his family there.
My partner was speechless, very unlike him. I watched him and just thought, "there goes your Jewish hate...right out the window" This gentleman also didn't have a "Jewish" name, he had blue eyes and possible blond hair, but he was wearing a "Star of David" necklace. All the stereotypes had just vanished.
After we dropped off this patient, my partner just said........Damn karma just kicked me in the ass. I told him to remember it as a lesson learned. He had this vision of the Jewish people and well that man just about changed it. I hope.

On a funnier note, one of my gay guy friends at work believes my partner has bi-sexual tendencies......I said "But he's the biggest homophobe I've met here" and He said "Exactly".........interesting......

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Urgh..I hate it when people hold stereotypes with no basis at all.
I hope you're partner learns more valuable lessons along the way!

yanub said...

To be fair to your partner, he is very young, you said before, and thus doesn't know a hell of a lot more than his parents taught him, so shame on them for inculcating their boy with bigotry. Now, that anger issue which turns him from an empty-headed dingbat into a ravening danger, that's what he needs to get a hold of. He may have changed his opinion about Jews, but if he doesn't get control of himself, he'll just find a new target.

Deech said...

Sweet...I firmly believe in Karma...and I agree with you. All you have to do is just sit back and wait.

CM said...

I also believe in karma and I truly believe sitting back and waiting vs throwin a fit is the best way to go (had to learn that the hard way)...

Sometimes those who think their untouchable by some situation or circumstance usually are the ones who get smacked right up the side of the head when life throws them a curveball

Epijunky said...

I think we've both had the same partner.

*sigh*

It was a teachable moment. I hope he picked something up from it.

Stacy said...

people like that i usually have one of my gay friend pretend to hit on them...

cause it's fun

Evil Transport Lady said...

Snow- that's very funny:)

I hope he does change.....but it's his loss if he doesn't.

JihadGene said...

What goes around comes around. I'm waiting for Congress to implode, and rightly so.

Cheesy said...

That my dear friend was an opportunity for growth for your partner. I hope it sinks in. Baby steps for those who were raised on hate.

#1 Is just so sad on so many levels.

Anonymous said...

I found a new blog you might like
http://diaryofadisgruntleddispatcher.blogspot.com/ ;-)

Evil Transport Lady said...

Cst Ko- no offense but.......um this isn't a police blog. DUH

Gene- and I'm waiting for an auto going out of business sale;)

Cheese- Yep:)

Angie- Nice!

Anonymous said...

He's in the wrong business with attitudes like that.