Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just Wow

I witnessed a funeral procession for a firefighter who died. He was from the fire station across the street from our station. He died of natural causes. I was very moved, even though I did not know the man.

Amazing. And beautiful at the same time.

7 comments:

Cheesy said...

Did the bagpipes play? That always brings me to tears~

Epijunky said...

I went to a Police Detective's funeral a year and a half ago... A LODD.

It was one of the most moving things I've ever witnessed. I still get shivers.

http://pinkwarmdry.blogspot.com/2007/11/justice-for-keith.html

Deech said...

Firefighters are a very unique family of people. They do look out for their own.

pinky said...

My friends spouse is a fire fighter. He plays the bagpipes. Usually a fire fighter's funeral is a big to do!

Purple Stinky Onion (PSO) said...

The Other Half is a Firefighter and it scares the heck out of me the things he does everyday and does not even think twice. He rotates shifts and when he is on nights, after all these years I can not bring myself to sleep in our bed when he is not here.

Evil Transport Lady said...

I didn't go to the actual funeral, just say the trucks etc. I was very moved.

Purple (what a great name!)- I can only imagine! I would be the same as you!

Stay safe everybody!

JihadGene said...

Those who protect us deserve our utmost thanks. Every single day.