Thursday, October 30, 2008

A few more tidbits.

Life in my transport world has been a bit dull. For that I am grateful!

Sunday I had to take our company's mandatory driver safety class, the para transport version. Same course as the ambulances, just driven in our transport vans. I did better than I thought I would:) I only knocked down one cone, in a blind back-up scenario. I'm now cleared to drive patients:)

Monday- My partner has been sick, bad head/chest cold. AND he has issues with waking up-so after being 45 minutes late for work, he spent most of the day-shift sleeping in the back of the van. After meds and food he perked up. I needed him to be awake, I don't know where I'm driving most of the time. (He wasn't sleeping with patients on board)

Tuesday- First call was rescheduled due to the doctor not finishing the paperwork. Second was a doc. trip......with a wacko daughter on board, she must have a hidden stock-pile of foil hats. Third was a lift assist for a BLS run. Fourth- a patient transfer to the wacky-ward. An easy day/night. But all those runs were in the pouring rain and high winds. Lovely. But we did get to eat both lunch and dinner......at an actual table, with chairs:)

Wednesday- My day off from work. House work and food shopping prevails. AND it was our trick or treat night. TorT was a bust, too cold for the kiddies to come to our house. They have to walk to the end of our street and turn around to get us. Not worth it in 30 degree weather.

Today- My second day off. Dentist and more cleaning. YAY me! And maybe some scary movies tonight!

Friday- Halloween! BUT I work the late shift........and it's the end of the month. So many Mental patients to transfer (they run out of their meds at the end of the month) So partner and me will have to be careful driving, it's big city's TorT night. The inner city peeps never watch their kids, so I just imagine what it will be like in the dark:( Wish us well.......with the kids, and everybody driving like assholes.......it should prove to be an interesting evening.

Saturday- My oldest comes home for a visit and to vote in her district. I miss her, I can't wait to see her!

Well that's the week in review..........stay safe out there everybody!

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I just saw... he wasn't sleeping with patients and I was like whoa and then I realized I didnt read the whole thing.

Michael Morse said...

I can't believe I never figured out the psych patients running out of their meds at the end of the month. I always wondered why things got so crazy before everybody got their government checks. Doh!

Thanks

Margaret said...

It'd be cool if you could dress up a bit for Halloween. I thought in my new job I'll just toss on my old scrubs.

Then again, crawling out of bed in my pjs - tossing on slippers and grabbing coffee and stumbling in half awake is something I've been dying to do.

I can get away with it tomorrow.

Evil Transport Lady said...

MM-That's my theory anyway, I think I heard that reason before.

M- I thought about wearing devil horns and a tail, but I'm afraid I might upset the dementia patients. They are a touchy group.

Tex said...

The 'Paineurs' run out of meds before the end of the month, too!

JihadGene said...

I stay heavily sedated throughout my week. Then on the weekend's IT'S ON!