Sunday, September 28, 2008

Not feeling good rant-TMI warning!

Ok so I'm still sick. How long does it take to get over a stomach bug?? I've had this since Monday night! Fever is gone, red throat is also gone, but my lower regions haven't seem to get the message.. I'm looking at taking an Imodium, but I've heard that's not always a good idea. Plus, I'm so hungry! I can't eat enough it seems:(
I went to work Friday, but stayed home again on Saturday, one more day off and I need a doctor's note. Heck if I'm still sick I WILL be going to the doc. I'm still in my probation period at the big ambulance company. If this keeps up, I'll probably have to look for a new job:( Though I doubt they can fire me with a doctor's note. After friday's non-stop night, I'm starting to think it may not be a bad idea.
Ok now I see I seem to be panicking a bit, I guess it's just a flashback to when I took "Leviqiun", for my pneumonia, and ended up like this for weeks. This sucks! Plus I think I'm PMSing....so that makes matters worse. Oh and now Jenn has it too......now I feel guilty:( I hope I don't infect anybody else.
Ok enough ranting, I have to go help hubby at his flea market....but all I want to do it curl up into a ball and disappear.

11 comments:

JihadGene said...

Get well soon!

yanub said...

It seems to me that people who work in medical fields and those who work with small children should get a pass on infectious illness during their first six months. Of course you get sick! It's the environment you work in. It will take a while for you to catch everything going around and develop your immunity.

Now, go get some good quality plain yogurt. Add a spoonful of jam if you just can't eat it unflavored. If you eat yogurt all day and still need the Immodium tonight, then, by all means, take it.

Jenelle said...

get better soon...

Epijunky said...

I hope you feel better... and really quick!

It sucks enough to be sick as hell, but it sucks more when you're just staring at a job.

Evil Transport Lady said...

Thanks everybody:) I swear I'm wearing gloves everytime I do a run....we do when touching a patient, but I want to gaurd against elevator buttons etc. Hand sanitizer just doesn't seem enough.

Putz said...

does your husband really need help with all those fleas????

Anonymous said...

erk! hope you get better soon!

Berserk said...

Get well soon.

I used to get sick pretty regularly, and figured it was probably the company I keep at work. Now, at the start of every shift, I wipe down the in-car computer (especially keyboard), steering wheel, radio, and door handles with bleach or ammonia. I also wash my hands so much you'd think I was OCD about it (I actually *can't* eat without washing my hands first any more. It just feels wrong), and keep some germ-x around to use between washes. I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but I don't seem to get sick that often any more.

Evil Transport Lady said...

Beserk- I hear you! I'm doing the same!

Anonymous said...

I feel you, darlin'....got a sinus infection with a side of bronchitis right now...the guys aren't gonna be able to understand me worth a damn this weekend. Feel better!

Evil Transport Lady said...

Feel better sweetie!