Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I got the job! And My Philly Adventures

I got the job! A letter came in the mail yesterday with the offer etc. Now I must go and get evaluated, strength testing etc. Drug and booze testing and three background checks. Yikes! I'm excited:)
Being nervous about all this has made me slow down on eating, (don't worry, just junk food) resulting in 3 more pounds lost. Tomorrow I'll start free weight training, that is if I feel better after a good night's sleep.

Now on to the trip to Philly, my mistake was only getting one Internet map for directions. I'm NEVER doing that again. I got lost and ended up in Jersey. Thanks to an exit that wasn't labeled correctly. Thanks to my kid, she read our big map and got us there just 15 minutes later.

Here's where is gets interesting, sort of. My daughter has issues with stress. If she gets nervous etc. her gut just goes haywire, she gets sick and it snowballs into hell. At 10.30 pm we get a call from her that she's very sick, very scared and is very upset. She can't calm down, we try to talk her down in between her trips to the bathroom. Her stomach meds didn't work and she wants to come home. We live 1 1/2 hours away ( in great traffic). So at midnight (after many calls back and forth) I and my youngest daughter head back to Philly. We scooped her up, thanked her sponsor (she was staying at his house) and off we go back home. We arrive at 3:00 am. What a night! She's on the mend, and she will be trying to get more help for her problems.
The poor sponsor never did this college kid shadowing before, I feel bad for the guy. He was such a sweety, and his employees were looking forward to meeting her. We plan to send him a family thank you of some sort. I'll write more when I figure out what. He may be going to Alumni Week at her campus so they will get to meet up again. That would be great:)
I'm still in shock about all of the above......and to think I was bored not too long ago;)

7 comments:

Stacy said...

congrats on the job!!

Hope shes ok

Putz said...

you are so coooooool, i knew you were up for some good stuff

none said...

Awesome! Great news!

Sorry about your daughter's anxiety attacks..I hope there is some kind of medicine or therapy.

Evil Transport Lady said...

We are working on that. She doesn't want to go on anything daily, which I think she needs. The guy she was staying with has offered her a day trip during her winter break. He and his GF had alot of plans for her this week, and they still want to take her "out on the town":) But they understand how hard it is for her.

Cheesy said...

oh crap for the Daughter. but

yeah FOR {{{U}}}}

^5

Jenelle said...

I'm so excited that you got the job!! I'm sure that there will be plenty of good stories to blog about coming out of the new job.

I hate the daily meds thing, but it is WAY better than anxiety attacks. Life is worth it.

Anonymous said...

congrats!

And hope your daughter is ok now...