Wednesday, December 24, 2008

MVA

Yesterday my partner and I, along with a patient and passenger were involved in a MVA. A stupid lady decided to do a u-turn in the middle of a four lane blvd. My partner was driving and did the best he could to avoid her, but unfortunately it didn't work. She hit us twice, along our passenger side. All inside our van were buckled in and the patient was restrained on our litter. All were fine.

Because of the nature of our seating, I was on our bench seat, with a lap belt. Needless to say, the impact sent me into a divider next to our wheelchair lift. My head hit first, arms second. So today advil is my friend:) I did get checked out at the scene and ER, I refused any narcs for pain, but did get a muscle relaxer.

I'm very grateful to be here today, and all the stress from the holiday and the union mess went out the window. Hug your family today, and remember what is really important......I sure am!

Stay safe and watch the other guy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my! :(
So sorry to hear that hun...really glad you're OK.
Hope it doesn't hurt too much!

Queen Slug said...

Youch! Glad to hear you are ok.

Cheesy said...

Feel better sweety.. you passed up narcs?? Silly woman! j/k

Evil Transport Lady said...

Yeah I passed up the narcs....I'm hurtin' but I'll live:)

Thanks:)

Welcome Queen:)

Unknown said...

Take care of yourself - you know I've been there, and I hate to see others go through any of this.... And take care of your hubby, too.

Thanks for the good words, and have a Merry Christmas!

JihadGene said...

Hope you're feelin' better real soon!

Ruv You Looong Time!!!

Great Reader & JihadGene

Epijunky said...

Good Lord Girl, how did I miss this?

I'm glad you're okay!