Thursday, May 22, 2008

Clean Underwear, Hot Dogs and The Pain Scale

Hehehe, that must have gotten your attention;)

I'm sure you've heard the saying "You better wear clean underwear in case you get hit by a bus and have to go to the hospital." I was hit by a bus last night, but it was my Gall Bladder. Why? Because I ate a hot dog at work. Hot dogs don't agree with me, as do most fried foods. Yeah I know hot dogs aren't fried, but the high fat content is probably the same.
Well as I was in pain, the first thing that came to mind is the clean underwear thingie, but my problem wasn't that, I hadn't shaved my legs the day before. Stupid thing to be worried about as you are thinking of which hospital to go to, but there it is:) I felt like a bum, a hairy bum at that!
Also after reading so many medical blogs and I thought about my "pain scale" it was about an 8. Was that bad enough to go to the ER at 1 in the morning? If it didn't let up I would have, it was going on almost two hours (yeah I know, just 2 hours?? I was scared shitless) But the hot dogs gods were looking down on me and it went away. Here I thought a separated rib hurt! Nope, this took the cake!
So after this last warning from my abused body, I WILL STOP EATING LIKE A TEENAGER! Maybe I'll be able to loose some more weight in the process.

Never write a post about everything being calm, you KNOW that will change quickly.

I'm off to shave my legs and eat a salad for lunch:)

8 comments:

Putz said...

have you ever heard of a church that says it is a sin to blog, yeas my church says blogging is the devil's work

Evil Transport Lady said...

ORLY?

pinky said...

Do you know how many times I have heard the complaint about not having shaved legs in labor? I don't care if the woman has shaved her legs. I don't even notice. However, if she has pubic hair like a 70s porn movie, that I notice. Especially if we go to the OR and I have to give her a shave. Yuck......

HOpe you are feeling better..

Jenelle said...

Amazing what food can do to a body. Take good care of yourself. God only gave you one body.

As far as hair - console yourself that they have all seen FAR worse than what you have. If questioned, claim that you are european and it's a cultural thing.

Evil Transport Lady said...

Pinky- Eww!

Jenelle-Good idea!

I am feeling better today, I'll take this as a warning:)

Kojak said...

READ MY TEXT !!! NO MORE DOGS! That was a lawful order, yea I know I am a little out of jurisdiction. Hope you are feeling better.

SeaSpray said...

My legs weren't shaved when i went in for the 1st kidney stone. I remember apologizing for it in between the morphine and vomiting. They don't care...but still..and I didn't brush my teeth either. Too much pain.

I had 5 days to shave my legs and every day I kept saying ...tomorrow :)

Glaf you're feeling better. :)

Evil Transport Lady said...

K- Never again:)

Sea- Yep, it's 1 am and I'm worried about hairy legs;) Geez:)