
2/14/94 - 2/14/2008
I lost my best friend today, he was a wonderful friend. The best you could ever hope for. He lived 14 years, that’s a long time in doggie years. He had beautiful brown eyes and a shiny black coat, complete with a curly tail.
He was a great surrogate daddy to two pups, many kitties and a few orphaned ducklings. Always watching out for them and guiding them thru the proper ways of the household.
He was the best human evaluator; he could spot a “not so nice” human a mile away. And keep those humans away from the wee girls when they were small. When the wee girls grew up, he was there to check out their friends. Whether they liked it or not.
He loved pizza crusts, cheese doodles, dog treats, fresh veggies and all sorts of people food. His first people food was potato chips. He even ate marshmallows, heck you have to spoil an old dog!
He was always there when you needed a buddy, whether you weren’t feeling good or had a bad day. He’d be there nudging you with his pointy nose and laying by your side.
So farewell my buddy, I’ll miss you so very much, until we meet again at the Rainbow Bridge.
Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...


11 comments:
I know how hard it is to loose a well loved pet. It sounds like he had a good life and knew he was loved by you.
My condolences...pets really do become a valued, loved member of the family. It is a loss, but always remember the good times and the love this family member gave, and he will live forever.
Thanks Mom, and Dr. Wino...we miss him but we are remembering all the funny times we had with him:)
I am so sorry- I've lost 4 dogs and numerous birds! I know how hard it is-
Yes, my mother worked too and still does- but somehow she managed to keep everything in order!
Oh my... hugs are sent to you and the fam.. My big ol' black lab Duke will meet him with a mouthful of pizza crusts and keep him company till you meet up with your buddy again~~
Oh thanks! Pizza was the great favorite! And pancakes:)
Thanks for the comments!
I am sorry for you loss.I lost one of my cats last May.It really hurts.He was 11yrs.old.I found you through momster.Mine and my wifes blogs are below.Please stop by.Thanks
http://www.musingsofavastright-winger.blogspot.com/
http://mysimplegifts.blogspot.com/
Sorry to hear about your dog.
I'm so sorry to hear you lost your dog. Pets like that truly do become part of the family.
He has gone over the Rainbow Bridge to play with my Bandit (March 2005). I am so sorry for your loss! Our four legged babies are truly our family.
Post a Comment